What is LASIK
LASIK uses a computer controlled laser to reshape the cornea, improving focus and lessening the patient's dependence on eyeglasses or contact lenses.
LASIK or Lasik (laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis) is a type of refractive surgery for correcting myopia, hyperopia, and astigmatism.  LASIK is similar to other surgical corrective procedures such as photorefractive keratectomy, PRK, (also called ASA, Advanced Surface Ablation) though it provides benefits such as faster patient recovery. Both LASIK and PRK represent advances over radial keratotomy in the surgical treatment of vision problems, and are thus viable alternatives to wearing corrective eyeglasses or contact lenses for many patients.
The surveys determining patient satisfaction with LASIK have found most patients satisfied, with satisfaction range being 92–98 percent. A meta-analysis dated March 2008 performed by the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery over 3,000 peer-reviewed articles published over the past 10 years in clinical journals from around the world, including 19 studies comprising 2,200 patients that looked directly at satisfaction, revealed a 95.4 percent patient satisfaction rate among LASIK patients worldwide.
- "LASIK." Aetna InteliHealth Inc. Accessed October 18, 2006.
- Tahzib NG, Bootsma SJ, Eggink FA, Nabar VA, Nuijts RM (October 2005). "Functional outcomes and patient satisfaction after laser in situ keratomileusis for correction of myopia". J Cataract Refract Surg 31 (10): 1943–51. doi:10.1016/j.jcrs.2005.08.022. PMID 16338565. http://linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S0886-3350(05)00671-1
- Saragoussi D, Saragoussi JJ (September 2004). "[Lasik, PRK and quality of vision: a study of prognostic factors and a satisfaction survey"] (in French). J Fr Ophtalmol 27 (7): 755–64. doi:10.1016/S0181-5512(04)96210-9. PMID 15499272. http://www.masson.fr/masson/MDOI-JFO-09-2004-27-7-0181-5512-101019-ART3.
- Bailey MD, Mitchell GL, Dhaliwal DK, Boxer Wachler BS, Zadnik K (July 2003). "Patient satisfaction and visual symptoms after laser in situ keratomileusis". Ophthalmology 110 (7): 1371–8. doi:10.1016/S0161-6420(03)00455-X. PMID 12867394. http://linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S0161-6420(03)00455-X.
- McGhee CN, Craig JP, Sachdev N, Weed KH, Brown AD (April 2000). "Functional, psychological, and satisfaction outcomes of laser in situ keratomileusis for high myopia". J Cataract Refract Surg 26 (4): 497–509. doi:10.1016/S0886-3350(00)00312-6. PMID 10771222. http://linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S0886-3350(00)00312-6.
- Study On Post-Lasik Quality Of Life http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/103194.php